Monday, 3 November 2014

Staging ''the Importance of Being Earnest''

Yesterday we staged a play of The Important of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. It is for Comparison between British and English Literature class (it is evaluated by our lecturer).  The play is a comedy-romance theme play. I acted as as Gwendolen, the daughter of arrogant and snobbish Lady Bracknell. Even though it was just a small staging (held in our class only), I felt extremely nervous because my team would performed the very first part of the play. And I was afraid if I suddenly forget my lines while performing. The staging started at 10 am, but we came early to get the props and make-up done. So yeah, the time came, we need to perform. We just tried our best and hoping all the efforts we put into the staging will worth it. (we had practiced for a week, like every single day before).  I didn’t have the video with me yet. Just have some of the pictures.

Overall, our lecturer loves our staging damn much. I saw she was so excited watching us acting. She congratulated us over and over for the efforts we put in. I was so relieved when I finished my part, I tried my best to not to be too shy. I just want to nail my part so that I could make the audience burst to laugh. I think I made it (or maybe it was just me hallucinating on the stage ;p). the rest of other teams also did a very good job. Honestly, students really enjoyed doing a performance no matter if it is just a simple act, a play or a drama. I want to act again..=)






Me as Gwendolen



Beside me is Shah starring as Jack/Mr. Ernest Worthing


Gwendolen and mamma, Lady Bracknell



From left : Mei Li starring as Algernon, Hui Li starring as Lane



My crew for act 1









The whole class. The one who sat on the chair in the middle is my lecturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment